The final part of a three part series on the signs of asexuality is now up at AsexualityArchive.com. This post is all about thoughts on other people and other things. Like I said the other two days, this isn’t meant to be an asexuality diagnosis test or list of “symptoms” or some kind of “You must identify with fifteen or more of these to quality as Ace” checklist or any of that, so don’t worry if these don’t all describe you (and don’t worry if none of them do). It’s merely an exploration of thoughts and things that I’ve seen come up over and over in asexuality discussions.
The post is here: http://www.asexualityarchive.com/possible-signs-of-asexuality-part-3/
(Also, today I will finally reveal just what a xonox is, so if you’ve been wondering if you’re unxonoxian since Day 1, you’ll finally know.)
Items in today’s post include:
- You’ve never wanted to “jump someone’s bones”. You’ve never thought “I’d hit that”.
- You don’t feel that anyone is “hot”. “Cute”, maybe, “pretty”, maybe, but not “hot”.
- You thought that everyone else was just pretending to be interested in sex.
- You just pretended to be interested in sex.
- You pretended to like sex so your partner wouldn’t think you didn’t love them.
- Conversations about sex aren’t interesting.
- You often find sex scenes in books/TV/movies to be out of place or boring.
- Bad acting and lame stories in porn really bug you, because, after all, what’s the point in watching a movie if it’s no good?
- You feel like sex comes naturally to everyone else, but you have to work at it.
- If given the hypothetical chance of a no-strings, no-regrets, no-consequences sexual encounter, you’d have to think about it.
- You never initiate sex.
- You don’t catch it when people are flirting, even when you’re the one doing the flirting.
Part 1 is available here: http://www.asexualityarchive.com/possible-signs-of-asexuality-part-1-about-you/
Part 2 is available here: http://www.asexualityarchive.com/possible-signs-of-asexuality-part-2-about-sex/